The main focus of the program of this academy is the development of human potential among children between the ages of eight (8) years who possess a high ability or intelligence to understand, interpret, and apply to memorize the Quran and the Sunnah in our lives and relate it to science, technology, mathematics, etc. and to be able to develop a tradition of Islamic scholarship and trigger the advancement of science and technology through the integration of knowledge and naqli aqli.
PERMATA Insan program is a continuation and expansion of the PERMATA Negara program, run by the wife of the Prime Minister, YABhg. Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor. The program was officially launched at the Islamic Science University (USIM) on March 12, 2010.
With the establishment of an academy like this, it can definitely help and improve the government’s efforts to expand education for children from early age and thus help the smart kids determine their future more clearly.
Definition of PERMATA Insan
Abqari high caliber individuals who are able to understand, interpret, memorize and apply the al-Quran and al-Sunnah in life and able to develop the tradition of Islamic scholarship and to trigger the advancement of science and technology.
The main objective of PERMATA Insan is to:
- Identify gifted students from all over Malaysia as early as possible to be educated and guided to become a superior individual of holistic quality and balanced in terms of temporal and ukhrawinya.
- Develop, prepare and implement curriculum PERMATA Insan that contains four (4) key components which are the Intelligent Module al-Quran and al-Sunnah, Arabic Module, English Module and Human Development Module.
- Prepare and implement methods that form the focus of student learning (student-centered), experiential learning, problem-based learning and e-learning.
- Providing opportunities to selected students who will undergo compressed, accelerated and enriched education programme that enables them to be skilled and competitive in order to pursue higher education at the earliest possible age.
- Producing intelligent international students in various fields.
- To become a leading research and consulting body related to various aspects of the competent child education by offering expertise and providing professional input to the community, government bodies and non-governmental organizations and other interested parties.
- Becoming an academy that will mobilize and spur research, writing and publishing related to gifted education developed by scholars and professionals locally, regionally and globally.
- To produce scholars, thinkers, technocrats, scientists and professionals based on general Islamic Quran and Al-Sunnah.
Mission and Vision
Determined to become a platform based on the appreciation of al-Quran and al-Sunnah.
The culture of al-Quran and al-Sunnah as the core of the young generation of excellence.