INTRODUCTION TO GEMS 2.0
The Graduate Employability Management Scheme (GEMS) is a government capacity building initiative developed to equip graduates with commercially useful skills and experience that will enhance their employability. It is a programme developed with the purpose of mobilising human capital to support the country’s economic growth by reducing unemployment among graduates.
Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad (TalentCorp) has been given the mandate by the Malaysian government to carry out this program called GEMS2.0. Economic Planning Unit (EPU) will provide the funds for this program.
GEMS Malaysia Sdn Bhd (GMSB) is a subsidiary of TalentCorp which has been entrusted to manage the program.ZOHL Consultancy Sdn. Bhd. (ZOHL) has been selected as the Program Implementation Owner (PIO) for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) sector. In addition, ZOHL is also responsible to train and groom some of the graduate participants to be entrepreneurs, technopreneurs, and socialpreneurs.
THE PURPOSE OF GEMS 2.0
The overall purpose of GEMS is to equip unemployed graduates with skills and experiences that are instilled with commercial values towards the specific aim of enhancing their employability. The main thrust of the programme is to:
- Recruit and select potential candidates based on industry requirements.
- Ascertain the level of job fit between the participants and the available job opportunities within the industry.
- Develop the competencies of the participants based on the industry-driven Competency Model.
OBJECTIVES OF GEMS 2.0
The main thrust of GEMS is to train, expose and prepare unemployed graduates for future career opportunities with the intention to contribute to the economy by reducing the country’s unemployment rate. In a nutshell, the main objectives of GEMS 2.0 program are to :
- Reduce talent shortage in NKEA
- Focus on industry targeted by ETP
- Meet industry needs
- Act as another talent pipeline for the industry
- Promote experiential learning
- Prioritized domain-specific training to enable effective contribution
- Ensure high income jobs for graduates
- Malaysian citizen
- Low Graduate Employability
- All Disciplines
- All Universities – IPTA & IPTS
- Min CGPA 2.0
- Below the age of 27
HOW TO APPLY
There are two options to apply for this programme:
- Option 1
Email your resume to email@example.com
- Option 2
Register online at http://www.zohlgroup.com/gems2.0
Ms. Noor Mazlieffa Omar
GEMS 2.0 Secretariat
ZOHL Consultancy Sdn. Bhd.
M2-15-05, Level 15, 8Trium Tower 2,
Jalan Cempaka SD 12/5, Bandar Sri Damansara,
52200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-6279 9276 | HP: 013-398 1038 | Fax: 03-6279 0663
|GEMS 2.0 Website|
|Poster for Place & Train|
|USIM – GEMS 2.0 Presentation Slide|